Style-Delights: Long Sleeve Gowns, Heating Pad And Horror Of 'No-Pose'

February 23, 2012

Long Sleeve Gowns, Heating Pad And Horror Of 'No-Pose'

First some sympathy grabbing - I sprained my lower back! (ouch!) And trust me, I didn't do anything scandalous  to get the twisted muscles (Thanks my BFF for asking!), but I was unplugged whole day - recuperating with the heating pad and pain meds. The thing that sucked more than the injury was canceling the outfit post I had planned for today as I could not stand straight for it. (Vanity thy name is fashion blogger!)  Trust me when you see the shirt I planned to wear, you will understand! And while I wait to stand straight again, I see these gorgeous long sleeves gowns (Angelina Jolie's signature style, it seems!) Methinks this look flatter her more than her SAG 2012 Red Carpet look.
Angeline Jolie in J. Mendel silk draped gown, Salma Hayek in a black-lace Yves Saint Laurent Edition Soir dress


Jennifer Nettles in Alessandra Rich, Angelina Jolie in Ralph and Russo Gown, Angelina Jolie in Jenny Packham Gown


I love the simplicity of these gowns and hope to see more of this style on the res carpet at the Oscars!
Which one is your favorite?

                                                                 Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

15 comments :

  1. The Ralph & Russo gown is sooo gorgeous !! Loved the elegance of Jenny Packham gown too ! : )
    http://shopaholicutie.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny Packham one is my pick too! Love Jennifer Nettles dress as well!

      Delete
  2. I love the gowns that you have showcased . I am a fan of long sleeves !! And get well soon !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of your pain! I hope you feel back to yourself soon.

    I like long-sleeves on a gown - it emphasizes the point that sexiness is not about showing more skin - it's about attitude and frame of mind. I like the green belt up there. But you could put most of these women in a bag and they'd look pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! ANd yes, they will look good in anything! But For Angelina Jolie, the long sleeves look better than the halter styles, that show her really skinny arms!:-)

      Delete
  4. Ohh!! Get well soon.. Reading your post I just realised I need to take care of the new pain I am starting to notice on the side of my lower back :O

    I find the Jennifer Nuttels gown cute and quirky coz of the style and the way she has worn it..

    xoxoxo
    Ritcha
    http://ritchastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ritcha! I agree, you should not take the back pain for granted..See a chiropractor and make sure its nothing major!

      Delete
  5. Oh no! I hope your back gets better soon! I've been there before and it's no fun at all :( Hopefully you'll get a chance to wear your outfit again--I'm sure you will. As far as the gowns go, I'm a fan of Angelina's J. Mendel and Jenny Packham. They're both just beautiful (ok, they're ALL beautiful, but something about the simplicity of those to just call out to me).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am LOVING the long-sleeved gowns - so classy! I hope you feel better soon!

    And thanks so much for your sweet comment - so happy to have you over at the blog and hope you stay a while!

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MS. Jolie is still the most beautiful among those women when wearing a gown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely collection of gowns, thanks for share this post here with us.
    Shop the latest collection of Evening Gown collections at a very affordable rates and look stunning at party and other occasions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Like what you see? Please share with your friends! That's why God created Facebook and Twitter!