I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client. As always, all opinions here are 100% mine.
For me, Fall is the best season for style. The boots, the leather, earthy suede, chic layering, sleek trench coats - I love them all! So when I got the opportunity to visit sears and preview the Fall must-haves, I immediately went exploring the fall pieces at my nearest Sears store!
First of all, lets talk about Fall trends. Even though I believe one should wear what works best for them and whatever makes them feel good and beautiful, keeping updated with latest trends give us inspiration for outfits and ideas for styling. For 2013, some of the biggest Fall trends are -
1. Textured pants, specially in Jacquard and Brocade - I saw jacquard and brocade pants and skirts at New York Fashion week in February earlier this year at Vera Wang, Badgley Mischka and Rebecca Minkoff and made a mental note to get one for myself when the trend became available in my budget! (And lucky for me, Sears had a perfect pair of Jacquard jeans!)
2. Leather/leather accents - One of the biggest Fall trends this year is leather. Leather leggings, motto jackets are always a fall staple, but this year we are seeing a lot of leather accents in dresses, trims around the necks in blouses, leather panels in skirts etc. Sears has a great selection of leather and faux leather pieces. I love the earthy colored jackets and the faux leather panel skirts a lot.
3. Graphic sweaters and sweatshirts - What can I say - Trés cool! Graphic and applique style sweaters, sweatshirts and baggy sleeve slouchy knits will be a huge trend for fall.
4. Burgundy Lips - Red and Coral were big during summer and will continue to be popular in Fall too. But rich deep burgundy lips will stand out this season. I saw the trend during Fall '13 runway shows when Oscar de La Renta, Vera Wang, Rachel Zoe and Bibhu Mohapatra among others used deep shades of maroon and bordeaux on their models.
5. Lace up wedges - We all know that ankle boots are a fall must-have. For me wedge heels and lace up style gives a little edge to the simple ankle boot. Sears has some great lace up wedges in fall favorite colors like tan, beige and black.
6. Military inspired styles - This trend has been around for couple of seasons, and this year too you can bet on camo prints, brass button jackets and epaulet shoulders!
|All Items above from Sears|
During my recent visit, I picked up a jacquard jeans, lace up wedges, a lace top (on sale for 4.99!!) and a baggy sleeve sweater. As a member of Shop Your Way reward program, I used up my points from earlier purchases to save money (and earned more point for shopping!!) and spent the grand total of $63 to score all these items! The best thing is that all these pieces can easily be mixed and matched with my existing wardrobe (as I show you here!) giving me more bang for the buck! For example, this jacquard jeans jegging is for $27.99 and I can style it with a leather peplum top for a night out or pair it with a light jacket and oxford shoes for a day in the city. Affordable fashion is my favorite word in style dictionary!!
Confession time: I am in my 30s, but I linger in the Sears junior section too as sometimes their medium/large pieces fit a grown up and you get really trendy pieces! This the the black lace top I picked up from sale rack in junior section for just $4.99! Sears is a great place to score great deals from clearance and sale racks. Lace is also a big fall trend, either paired up with tough leather or feminine pieces like a full skirt. see if you can find this lace top (now just for $2.99 for select colors!) in your size! To see more of sears style , take a look at my Google Plus album that details my shopping trip! Visit Sears to find affordable fall fashion and take advantage of Shop Your Way reward program. For latest news and updates, be a fan of searsStyle on Facebook and join the style conversation on twitter with hashtag #ThisisStyle
What are your favorite Fall trends?