Style-Delights: Fall Dressing: Bring Your Maxi From Summer Into Fall

September 24, 2013

Fall Dressing: Bring Your Maxi From Summer Into Fall


Maxi dress is one of my summer favorite outfits. Easy to style, easy to wear and comfortable for mom on the go too! Even though it is considered a summer wardrobe staple, a maxi dress can be used in Fall as well, styled with a jacket, long cardigan, even a  fur vest. The key is to pick up a pattern and color that can go in Fall as well. So when I saw this Navy chevron striped maxi with orange and chartreuse accents, on The Shopping Bag,  I knew it could be a maxi for summer and a drop waist midi dress for fall! Ladies, you need to get your hands on this chic piece ASAP - only for $34 you can get two outfits!! I love the earthy colors and an ever green chevron stripe pattern that will never look dated or old!
Chevron Stripe Maxi, Fall Dresses
Here I am, on a sunny day that doesn't let me believe it is September!  
Chevron Stripe Maxi, Fall Dresses
If you follow my blog, you must have seen this post where I first styled a maxi dress as a drop waist dress. I used the same technique of  belting the maxi at waist with a soft sash and pull the fabric over the belt to create the drop waist illusion! With a coordinating fall-appropriate jacket, I turned my maxi into whole another outfit!
Chevron Stripe Maxi, Fall Dresses

Chevron Stripe Maxi, Fall Dresses

Chevron Stripe Maxi, Fall Dresses

1 - Maxi (The Shopping Bag)
2 - Necklace - (The Shopping Bag)
3 - Jacket - Yoox.com
4 - Green Flats (Lori's Shoes)
5 - Wedge Sandals (Nine West)

Have you checked out The Shopping Bag yet? They have great merchandise with amazing prices! For latest updates on The Shopping Bag styles and inventory, follow them on twitter @TheShoppingBag and be a fan of The Shopping Bag Facebook page
For daily dose of style delights, connect with me on
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

18 comments :

  1. This look is so cool and you are right about the maxi dress. It can be wearable during fall.
    Avi
    www.petitefashionmonster.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this dress is truly amazing! I really want one just like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you style your favorite maxi for fall time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jyoti! You look so smashing with this maxi dress, the colors are amazing and suit you! I like also how you styled it previously, the effect is cool!:) Kisses dear, have a nice day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The maxi is so nice. And the jacket too. Love how you styled it as a skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the maxi..n u look so beautiful..u r such a smart dresser..i learn so much frm u each day.!

    Aditi
    So-Saree
    www.sosaree.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great style. Love your maxi dress :)

    Kisses
    http://yourfashiontroubleshootingguide.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look great, but i'm afraid i cannot carry such a look or a maxi dress :(( you are tall so i guess it suits you well.
    maxi dresses don't look good on a 5 feet height i think...do they? (or if i ask differently - how should a petite woman dress up in a maxi so it doesn't look weird?!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit, this maxi dress is very nice!
    Alessia
    THECHILICOOL
    FACEBOOK
    Video outfit YOUTUBE
    Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how lovely you look! I am digging the second look :)
    risingcolors.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous dress! So great for the warm weather and great with a jacket for fall! So perfect and I love the pattern!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome maxi dress! I always love how you create such different looks with such simple tricks! And I am in love with your flats - the color is gorgeous!!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I simply adore your style! You look beautiful in this maxi dress. And even though I am very tiny - less than 5 feet!, I love maxi dresses too! :)

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look good beautiful dress look so beautiful..u r such a smart dresse.

    Authentic Pigment

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,

    I’m really impressed with your blog article, such great & useful knowledge you mentioned here

    Summer Maxi Dresses for Women :- "Affordable online clothing store with the hottest fashion in Teen, Women, and Plus Size dresses, tops, bottoms, and outerwear.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Like what you see? Please share with your friends! That's why God created Facebook and Twitter!