Style-Delights: My Stylish Cuppa With Bigelow Tea

September 25, 2013

My Stylish Cuppa With Bigelow Tea

I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.
Bigelow Tea, Green Tea, Iced Tea, #AmericasTea #Cbias #Shop
I ❤ Tea! There is no other way of saying it. I really love my tea. Growing up in India, that was the 'family beverage'. We all drank tea (or chai as we called it) and reveled in its refreshing, healthy taste! From the small cafes to five star hotels, from a gossip-filled afternoon with friends to the high tea at Prime Minister's residence! (Seriously, I have lived an interesting life!! Exhibit A: The picture below!)
On the occasion of International Women's Day in 2003, the Prime Minister of India invited selected female journalists for tea at his residence! One of the most memorable day in my career for sure! And yes, tea was great!:-)

Now, for more than a decade, America is my home. Many things have changed in my life and lifestyle, but one this still remain the same - my choice of beverage! I still start my day with tea. I have tried all kinds of tea under the sky and one of my favorite tea brand for anytime, anywhere tea is Bigelow Tea. I love the numerous taste options and the packaging! The individually wrapped packages keep the taste fresh. This way the box lasts longer after you open it.  My favorite flavors are Bigelow Vanilla Chai, Bigelow Constant Comment (with orange rind), Bigelow Green Tea and o fcourse Bigelow Earl Grey. I usually drink my morning tea hot - i brew Bigelow Earl Grey with milk, sugar, ginger and cardamom. For afternoons and for summertime,I make it iced with just honey and splash of lemon! For iced tea Bigelow Tea has some great fruity, citrusy flavors - like Rasperry Royale, Plantation Mint and assorted herb teas.
(* I also host pretend tea parties for ponies, Cindrella dolls and Olivia the pig every weekend. A lot of help is provided by my 7 year old daughter!!)

Bigelow Tea, Green Tea, Iced Tea, #AmericasTea #Cbias #Shop

If the chai-latte or spiced chai is too strong for you, try brewing you own version - you can control what spice you put it in. Start with Bigelow Earl Grey tea. Simple boil some water with a little piece of ginger (smashed or grated) and couple of pods of Indian cardamom. Pour the boiled (now flavored) water in a cup and steep the tea bag for 3-5 minutes. Add sugar and milk as desired! Nirvana!
Bigelow Tea, Green Tea, Iced Tea, #AmericasTea #Cbias #Shop
Tea is not only a tasty beverage, it is healthier than other sugary drinks and beverages. I am not a soda drinker and avoid sugary juices as much as I can. For the quick pick me up, a cup of tea is my savior! During the New York Fashion Week earlier this month where I was freelancing for couple of publications, I was running from one show to another, taking pictures, editing my stories on the go. Who has time to run to the coffee shop to get the high-calorie, sugary drink? I carried my own home-brewed sweet tea in the portable bottle nicely tucked in my tote!
Bigelow Tea, Green Tea, Iced Tea, #AmericasTea #Cbias #Shop
Are you a tea drinker? Check out delicious flavors and specialty teas from Bigelow Tea (available online or at Walmart - see my shopping trip to Walmart for Bigelow Tea on my Google Plus album).
For the 'taste-tea' updates and news, follow Bigelow tea on Twitter (@bigelowtea) and join the conversation with hashtag #AmericasTea

9 comments :

  1. I love tea too, think I will make a cup in a few minutes actually. You look radiant xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that skirt!
    www.ipinkiloveyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tea is my beverage of choice too. I drink green tea all day. Chai is also a favorite and I LOVE Bigelow teas. You look so gorgeous in this photo! Love that lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge tea drinker...coffee too...I guess I just really like caffeine. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. every day i need my 2 cups.and tea with the PM sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jyoti! I am a huge tea drinker as well!:) Especially love to have green tea:) The tea party at the Prime Minister's residence must have been an amazing experience!:) Btw, these flavors look very good!:) Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your skirt
    what a nice color.

    I love drinking tea
    after a full meal
    makes me feel a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post!!


    http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
    twitter & instagram : @fashionrlounge
    Fashion room lounge

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such fun relationship with tea and what a great experience to have high tea at the Prime Ministers home! I think taking tea...especially Bigelow...is a great idea!! #client

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Like what you see? Please share with your friends! That's why God created Facebook and Twitter!