Style-Delights: Gal Meets Glam Dress Collection Review : What GMG Dresses To Buy!

April 20, 2018

Gal Meets Glam Dress Collection Review : What GMG Dresses To Buy!

I love dresses and I love feminine, timeless, classic style. So when Gal Meets Glam blogger Julia Engel announced her dress collection, I immediately put it on my radar! I love Julia's style and identify with her style of dresses, Modest, feminine and elegant. Today her collection Gal Meets Glam launched on her e-commerce website as well as on Nordstrom. Select Nordstrom stores also carry the line. I had a chance to visit Paramus Nordstrom and try on her dresses in person. My first thought was that dresses were generous in sizes - I mean they were not running small.  For reference, I am usually a size 6  in J.Crew/Ann Taylor/ Ralph Lauren/Eliza J dresses (sometimes 8 in H&M dresses) and GMG colection size 6 fits me comfortably. I am 34 C, and 5'8" tall. Here are some of the fitting room photos.
Gal Meets Glam Collection Review, Hillary Dress , Clip Dot Chiffon Midi Dress, Gal Meets Glam Collection Ellie Dress (Crepe Puff Sleeve Dress)  3- Gal Meets Glam Collection Lauren Dress, Botanical Garden Print Midi Dress

 From Left - 1- Gal Meets Glam Collection Hillary Dress (Clip Dot Chiffon Midi Dress)
2- Gal Meets Glam Collection Ellie Dress (Crepe Puff Sleeve Dress)
3- Gal Meets Glam Collection Lauren Dress  (Botanical Garden Print Midi Dress)

The lilac Hillary dress is very beautiful, the only problem I found was that it was sticking to my body with static and the fabric and lining shell was almost gluing together. But I think a dryer sheet can fix that. Pricing for this dress is on the higher end ($168, and I still think its worth the money as it is a non-dated style that will last many years in your closet)

The Ellie dress is very pretty sky blue. I loved the dress per se, but it is not for me as I find it is "youngish" and may be will look perfect for someone younger than me. But the dress itself is beautiful. I don;t much care for the gathering pleats as it gives a cheap look to otherwise pretty dress. Price for this dress may not be to the liking of many, including me as its very generic (Forever 21/H&M style dress)

The Lauren dress was one of my most favorite, in a very smooth, soft and luxurious silky fabric. The colors are true to picture on the website. The style is vintag-y classic, Pricing for this dress is on the higher end ($178, and I still think its worth the money as it is a non-dated style that will last many years in your closet)

BTW, here the close up of Ellie blue dress.



I love that most of these dresses come with pockets!
Gal Meets Glam Dress Collection Review, Pearly Trim Fit & Flare Dress, Gal Meets Glam Collection Tie Waist  Satin Midi Dress, Gal Meets Glam Collection Olivia Dress, Floral Wallpaper Print Fit and Flare dress
3- Gal Meets Glam Collection Olivia Dress (Floral Wallpaper Print Fit and Flare dress)
Gal Meets Glam Peral Trim Fit And Flare dress review
The fabric of this white dress is pretty substantial. It has a very pretty pearl trim on neckline and arms, and will make a great special occasion dress for bridal showers, engagement party, Easter or graduation. It is also exclusively being sold at Nordstrom
Gal Meets Glam Collection Review, Gal Meets Glam Tyler Dress Review, Gal Meets Glam Collection Yvonne Dress review, Julia Engel Dresses
From Left -
1- Gal Meets Glam Tyler Dress (Off the shoulder scuba crepe dress)
2 - Gal Meets Glam Collection Yvonne Dress (Dream Crepe One - Shoulder Dress)

My Final Thoughts And Review: The dresses are really well made, fully lined when needed, some even have pockets. The colors are truly pretty. But if your style is not vintage-y feminine, you may not like them as much as I did. The quality is at par with Eliza J or other similar brands being sold at Nordstrom and so is the pricing. I wish these dresses were even more affordable and some of them at least were priced under 100 (those everyday dresses at least), but all said and done, this is a very promising line and I see Julia bringing up more dresses like that every few months.
There are couple other dresses that I like which are exclusive to Gal Meets Glam e-commerce website. Judith Dress in White , Courtney Dress, Rose Dress and Shelby Dress are so my style and I have ordered Judith BEFORE I went to Nordstrom. (I have ordered size 8, and I have a feeling I may need to exchange it for size 6. Keeping my fingers crossed that they still have a size 6!)
Did you like Gal Meets Glam Collection? Did you get anything from it yet?
For a daily dose of style delights, connect with me on
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

1 comment :

  1. Thanks so much for doing this review and round up for us. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Like what you see? Please share with your friends! That's why God created Facebook and Twitter!