Style-Delights: Postcards From Victoria

August 22, 2013

Postcards From Victoria

Today's post comes my recent travel to the west coast of Canada. These pictures are from the beautiful Victoria, British Columbia. I am back in New York, but I left a little piece of my heart there! It was our second family getaway to Victoria. First time when we were there, Mili was just 2 years old! So this trip was much more relaxed, easy (no diaper bag - yay!!) and fun. This place is beautiful beyond words! The Victoria Harbour is a great place to hang out and people watch. From impromptu road shows to Scottish pipe performance by kilt-wearing artists, to the great views of  Empress Hotel and majestic Parliament Building, it is a fun place for the whole family. The vine colored walls of Empress are just gorgeous! The city  has some breathtaking scenic viewpoints and lookouts with blue pacific ocean calming your soul. Another must-visit place in Victoria is Butchart Gardens. I was blown away by the beauty, serenity and colors of blooms there!


A moment frozen in time: Horse carriage rides are a homage to early 1900s transport system of Victoria. The rides are expensive ($55 for 15 Minutes and $100 for a 30 minute scenic tour) but fun. They have family rides as well as special packages for a romantic tour.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
For daily dose of style delights, connect with me on
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket

22 comments :

  1. Beautiful pictures hun. Love your outfit.

    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good photo, I like it!
    Judit kiss
    http://tuttiigiornidelconsiglidiunadonna.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, thank you so much for sharing Joyti! I've never been to Victoria and it's one of the places I would love to visit one day. Love your oxfords - I just ordered a pair today from Nordstrom. I have been fixated on owning a pair of oxfords for awhile now.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! This place looks divine! I have never been to Canada...looks like another place to add to my list! And you were the most fashionable tourist in town...for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at Granville Island not long ago and swore that I saw you sitting at a table outside. Since you probably went through Vancouver, maybe that was you after all? Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely beautiful place...i can imagine why it took your heart away..and you look totally cool, relaxed and chic..love the shoes you have got on :)

    http://www.myunfinishedlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love your styles!!!
    Hope we could follow each other...maybe??

    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely location, wish to go there someday ! Loving ur simple yet classy look.
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg! This place is amazing and you look great with that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos! You're rocking that hat xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous place, you look smashing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful place. these photos are really nice. I love your outfit too. Classy and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jyoti! I bet it is an amazing place and I get you why you left there your heart! It is truly beautiful beyond words and you look so adorable, I like the shirt and the shoes! What a shame the horse rides are so expensive but imagine also very funny!:) Kisses dear, have a good day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been awhile since I've been to Victoria but last time I was there, I felt like it was a time warp to a different time and more magical place

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am just LOVING this outfit!! it's totally something i would wear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pics, Jyoti:) My sis is in Vancouver, but I've never even been there! Ack! Maybe next year....anyhoo, even on vacays, you look fab, dahling:) The hat really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a gorgeous place, great photos! Love the oxfords.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved the look dear ! Amazing pictures
    xoxo Shreya
    http://beautyndbest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow it look so beautiful there. You look so pretty too, love the outfit.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous pics Jyoti..u look fab as always.

    Aditi
    So-Saree
    www.sosaree.blogspot.in
    New Post Up

    ReplyDelete
  21. This town is definitely gorgeous! You dress well during travels. Comfort with style is a definitely must =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Like what you see? Please share with your friends! That's why God created Facebook and Twitter!