Style-Delights: Lookbook - DIY Shawl Cape

December 19, 2011

Lookbook - DIY Shawl Cape

Recently I had done a blogpost about winter coats,  and while researching for it, I fell in love with the cape. As I have a tall frame, the loose fitting frame of a cape works well with my body. So I decided to make my own cape style outwear using a shawl. In India Shawl is a quintessential winter outerwear. We wear it with ethnic dresses - Saris, Salwar Kameez, with western outfits and as a scarf. Here I am wearing it like a cape with jeans and riding boot. Just wrap it around the shoulders and cinch it with a belt at the waist!



12 comments :

  1. You look gorgeous! Love your shawl ans boots!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. Let me just say I love this look, you look really chic. I'm obsessed with scarves and this is one of my favorite things to do with my larger scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!!! thats a great idea... will try it for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks amazing, i love the print of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful look! Love the rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's very creative... using the shawl as a cape:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous cape!! it has such beautiful earthy colors. :) thank you for commenting and reading my blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the idea of using a shawl like this. It never occured to me before. Great tip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That`s a nice shawl..

    follow each other?

    xoxo
    Love
    http://lovethefashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it very creative and fresh looking. Nice style. This week I'm trying to kick my skinny jean habit and try something new:

    http://www.momtrends.com/2012/01/cool-mom-jeans/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Like what you see? Please share with your friends! That's why God created Facebook and Twitter!