Style-Delights: Lip Colors For 2013

February 20, 2013

Lip Colors For 2013

Deep, rich, little bit mysterious and a whole lotta sexy - that seems to be the lipstick memo this year. During New York Fashion Week, I saw a number of designers opting for the dark, enigmatic colors of burgundy, maroon, deep russet and claret for the lips. 
Tadashi Shoji sought inspiration from the ladies of Russian nobility wandering in the snow just before the fall of the empire, their lips frozen and bloodshot, but beautiful nonetheless. Vera Wang paid tribute to classic construction and drapery with her clothes and the sophisticated style of modern woman with oxblood red lips for her models. Oscar de la Renta fall 2013 show had Karlie Kloss sporting almost bruised deep deep burgundy lips.





Would you sport a wine soaked look on your lips? I might give it a try!
For daily dose of style delights, connect with me on -

10 comments :

  1. Love the colour and love the CLinique and Stila ones. So are these spring trends or fall trends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually the make up/beauty trends are for the current season, even if the clothes are for the next season! Though, this shade is so fall appropriate! BTW, I remember back in late 90s when the deep burgundy was all the rage in India!

      Delete
    2. Yeah.. thats what I was wondering.. The shade is perfect for fall and for Indian attire. I always pull out deep red and burgandy for my Indian clothes!

      Delete
  2. Red never fades in style. I loved the Vincent Longo one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actually rocking a very similar colour on my lips today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed the same too! I'm starting to love darker shades lipstick now for sure =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling good about this dark lip trend as I have few deep shades which I hardly wear! Now that it is 'in' I won't feel shy wearing them!!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  6. In love with all these reddish/oxblood shades! Having a huge addiction to this make up trend at the moment! Thanks for sharing all this great stuff! Kisses dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post of yours..!And love this shade too.. Have one in Lakme (from India).. But my husband does not like it on me! LOL.. Even then, I wear it anyways.. haha..!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. burgundy lips are all over the runways. Totally love them. Just need to find my perfect burgundy

    www.styledestino.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Like what you see? Please share with your friends! That's why God created Facebook and Twitter!