Style-Delights: Style Inspiration - Betty Draper From Mad Men

February 20, 2012

Style Inspiration - Betty Draper From Mad Men

In my opinion, Mad Men is probably the best show right now on TV! I love this series for the complex plot, the journey of evolution of advertising, the relationships among the characters, the narrative of changes in the American pop culture and society and THE FASHION!! Oh, the fashion and style of Mad Men and women! I have watched the show and rented the complete season DVDs and still can't get enough of the Mad Men style! I am so looking forward to March 25 when the Season 5 of Mad Men debuts! One of my favorite styles from Mad Men is of January Jones' cigarette loving, enigmatic, sometimes childish, 60's housewife character - Betty Draper!
Her style staples are full skirted dresses, sheaths, florals and botanical prints, fitted cropped pants and structured handbags! And occasional floor length gowns she gets to wear in the important (yet boring) parties!!




All Images via Mad Men Blog at AMC TV

 I simply love the elegant and feminine style of January Jones' Betty! Here is one of my Betty Draper inspired look - I will dream of this tonight!
More information on these pieces here
Get Betty Draper's staple dresses here - 
Do you love Betty Draper's style? What other character on Mad Men or any other TV series catches your fancy?  

23 comments :

  1. I haven't seen the show itself but the wardrobe is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are missing a great piece of TV!! :-) Hope your weekend was fun!

      Delete
  2. I have to download and start watching!

    Love the post!

    xoxoxo
    Ritcha
    http://ritchastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, dropping by your blog for the first time, and am liking all ur posts.
    Welcome me as ur new follower! :)

    Isha
    http://jiisha.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched a few episodes here in India and loved the way the women used to dress in those days and I think that they had real bodies , an era where body shapes dictated style/fashion rather than fashion dictating body shapes !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE Madmen, I wish everyone still dressed like this.. I'd have so much fun!

    Louisejoyb xo | Bits&Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunaly I don't see Mad M. Elegant looks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this serie :) It's so inspiring in many ways. I agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great post <3 love this show

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Betty Draper. And that Don Draper is a serious dish. Love him too
    Amena
    http://fashion-opolis.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love her and her sense of style! Her ex-husband isn't too bad either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to start watching this show ASAP! I love her styling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. 5productreviews is the best

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is really awesome, thank you so much for sharing with us this valuable information. Visit Y&H Cargo India for Shipping and Freight Forwarding Services.
    Shipping Company in India

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice Blog, if you are interested to invest in mutual fund and do not found any best guidance. Mutual Fund Wala is best investment advisors of Mutual Fund.
    Best Performing Mutual Fund

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Like what you see? Please share with your friends! That's why God created Facebook and Twitter!