Style-Delights: Coachella Fashion - What To Wear For The Festival

April 13, 2012

Coachella Fashion - What To Wear For The Festival

Imave via coachella.com

Every year Coachella brings big artists, indie bands and music lovers together in beautiful  free-spirited festival settings! The fashion is as much a part of this artistic gathering as the music itself. Celebrities, aspiring musicians, bloggers, and die hard Coachella enthusiasts show their bohemian style during the festival. If you (like me) are not camping in Coachella Valley this weekend or the weekend of April 20-22, you can still tune from home for the music and celebration on the Coachella Youtube channel or at coachella.com
As for the fashion, create the coachella style by using these  signature festival trends/pieces -


Maxi dresses and skirts
Flowy, sheer, printed, painted - maxi skirts and dresses are Coachella wardrobe essentials. Pair it with a tank top and layer with a denim jacket when the temperature drops in the evening.



Fringes
Nothing says bohemian better than the fringes! Crochet tops with fringes,long strap purses and cross body fringed bags are commonly seen on the shoulders of Coachella goers!

Tie dye and abstract painted blouses and tees
Bring out the 70s vibe with the tie-dyed blouses or cotton tees paired with shorts and skirts. Pick from the plethora of color choices and patterns.
Shorts
During the day the temperature usually reaches late 90s, even 100 degrees, so shorts are kinda uniform for the hot day. Paired with crochet top, chunky heal and a hat - it will make you instant Cochella-nista!

Hats
For the practical purpose (heat and sun protection) and for the fashion quotient, a cool hat is Coachella must! Fedora with a dress or a floppy hat with shorts, combinations are endless!

Bohemian jewelry
Deck up the outfit with one of a kind pieces or mass produced metal stuff, but make sure to use bangles, long necklaces, dangling earrings, beads and artisan rings!

Are you going to Coachella? Will you be tuning in online or do not care?
For daily style delights, connect with me on

36 comments :

  1. I so wish I was going to this. But these are great suggestions, maybe I"ll just dress like this anyway so I can pretend :)
    Sarah
    www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were going too! I love so many of the bands playing! OH well... I really love your fringe selections!! xx

    Pip
    http://chicstayathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all of them <33

    http://cindytanuwijaya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could go to see Radiohead. I love all the style updates but I would prefer to hear the bands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never been to this festival but every year I get excited because I love reading about it and of course admire the fashion. So many unique styles it is insane but in a very fashionable/friendly way ;). Love all of your selections. I can see myself wearing a lot of them. Great post and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coachella seems like a fun festival! I would love to go someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow
    all are amazing

    do check my recent post n comment
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. wish i was going!:( but great outfit advice xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your suggestions dear! have a great weekend! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome post my dear,I wish I could be there!I really need a maxi dress but I find it so hard to find one..hmm!
    xoxo
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. i wish i could be there! <3 nice ideas!

    kisses
    fashionsugarbubbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to attend this festival. I think I woud defintely wear some fringe to go with the bohemian style. I know whatever you choose to wear will be great.
    Always,
    Tarah and the City

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really want to go at some point in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's my favorite season too! Everyone looks so great in their casual style every Coachella season. It's a good source of inspiration for dressing this summer too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. woww..such pretty stuff!!!! I didn't know there are fringes on clothes too :D now i knw :)

    Thanks for your wonderful comment on my Blog :)

    New Post is up: DIY: Rose from a Ribbon

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
  17. ohhh I love these fringes tops so much!! thank you so much for visit me:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful selection ! I love all these hippy stuffs, and above all the tie and dye !!!
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wish I was going :) Your picks are awesome ! Great selection of prints and textures !!
    Coeur Decors

    ReplyDelete
  21. I WanT to have these maxi dresses, they are absolutly amazing!
    Glad u are going to Coachella, I will take my passport and fly over there ;)


    Love,
    Julie - http://juliechoice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. A friend of mine won tickets to Cochella (it's a big deal because we're in NZ) she's so excitied!
    I helped her pack, she's taking maxi dresses, feather earrings & a fab straw hat.

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice guide darl, i have one coming up can't wait =D thanks for sharing!

    love from the NANA girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh, i love everything here, hope all of these are mine!

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love bohemian jewellery ! I really appreciate your efforts of selecting the most beautiful piece of outfit, dress, shorts, hats etc. and giving us an idea about which goes with what. The vibrant and colorful collection reminded me of the hippie style of the 70s and, yes, this festival has a similar spirit it seems .
    Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've heard about the festival - it sounds like such fun and i wish i could go :(
    Those are great outfit ideas! I love seeing how people dress at music festivals - it's always a unique sense of style

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love all the great ideas you posted! I am looking for an outfit for LuckyFABB in two weeks and I might have to go look for a great maxi dress. LA is the land of relaxed cool, afterall!

    ReplyDelete
  28. great post :) love festival styling.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. What great choices! I especially loved the hats and jewelry.

    Stay Glamorous,
    Kelly

    www.glamourgirlonabudget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. As Rage Against the Machine and Travis Scott have confirmed their attendance at the festival, it's time to start planning your look for Coachella Festival 2022! This two-day festival is one of the best festivals around, so don't wait too long to plan your outfit. Because of the photo-friendly vibe of the music festival, trendsetters often save their boldest looks for this infamous event. Take a look at the hottest Coachella festival Outfits for 2022.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Like what you see? Please share with your friends! That's why God created Facebook and Twitter!