Style-Delights: How To Color Block

April 2, 2011

How To Color Block

I am big believer of preserving your wardrobe, and keep the pieces that look good on you, no matter what the current trend is. Although there are some articles that may look dated and you may have to recycle them, but that I will discuss in a later post. About today's blog post - I had this Ann Taylor color block dress in my closet since 2008! I wore it a few times, but the next season floral prints and polka dots came in and this dress took a back hanger! Somehow I didn't want to part with it, so I kept it there.


But come 2011 and all they are talking about is color block in clothing and accessories! I am glad I did not say goodbye to this dress:-)
Style Delights Tip - Colorblocking pastels with pastels and bold with bold creates gorgeous colorblock effect!
Here are some of my favorites color block clothes and accessories..



a.Forever 21 woven skirt $17.80
b.Charlotte Russe stretch skirt $14.99
c.Chrlotte Russe dress $19.99
d. Mason by Michelle Mason dress Barneys New York $225
e.Urban Outfitters dress $59




a.Nordstrom  racer back tank $86
b.Forever 21 top $17.80
c.Marc by Marc Jacobs silk blouse $258
d.Nordstrom St. John Yellow Label Knit Bomber Jacket $695




a.Vivienne Westwood Bag $730 -Zappos
b. Satin color block pump $895 - Bergdorf Goodman
c. Marc by Marc Jacobs bangles $88
d.Aldo color block wedges $110
e. Michael Antonio Colorblock T-strap $32
Shop these color block looks here!                                                         




3 comments :

  1. Oooh, I love colour-blocking, and those Bergdorf Goodman shoes look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnaks for visiting Ana! Yes, those shoes are so pretty!

      Delete
  2. Color block looks great to me but on other girls, I've never been so courageous to wear it, I'm more classic type. I must try it, looove your dress! too bad it's been in your closet for so long ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Like what you see? Please share with your friends! That's why God created Facebook and Twitter!