Style-Delights: How To Wear A Waist- Tie Shirt

June 28, 2012

How To Wear A Waist- Tie Shirt

Already bored of the good old tank top for the summer? Try the waist-tie shirts. Cool, carefree and casually chic- a tie waist shirt is a good alternative for a T-shirt or a buttoned up shirt. Update a denim skirt look like Eva Mendes and Kirsten Dunst or style it with a jeans like Selena Gomez and Sofia Vergara. Or make a pair of shorts like million bucks like Jennifer Lopez and Taylor Swift. Any which way you style a waist tie shirt, you are sure to secure the fashionista title with a stylish knot!
From left - Kirsten Dunst, Eva Mendes

From Left - Sofia Vergara, Selena Gomez

From left - Jennifer Lopez, Taylor Swift

From Left - AnnaLynne McCord, Minka Kelly, Keira Knightley
To incorporate this popular summer trend in your wardrobe, choose form a 70s style chambray shirt or this season's hottest trend - chiffon and silk prints. Print or solid, neutral or bright, make a bow or leave the ends loose-  options are endless! Here are some of my favorites-

1. Paisley print waist-tie shirt -
2. Multicolor waist -tie shirt - Macy's
3. Flower print waist -tie shirt - Forever 21

 1. Red waist-tie shirt - Lord & Taylor
2. Cropped black waist-tie shirt - ASOS
3. Yellow peek a boo shoulder waist-tie shirt -
4. Chambray waist-tie shirt - Forever21

See anything that has you up in the knots??
For daily dose of  style delights, connect with me on-


  1. Hi sweetie! Love this post because I was about to do this to one of my shirts the other day! I love how AnnaLynn McCord wore hers best! Hope you are having a good week dear! xo Pip

  2. I kind of love this trend -- I have to find a good way to wear it!
    xo Josie

  3. wow! This is so cool! Been loving this kind of outfit and hope to pull one next time. great post! :)

    Hope you could check out my latest outfit post too. Thank you!

    ellie x

  4. I do that with my lightweight summer sweaters too! Fab post!

  5. I love the look of the chambray shirt!

    I'm having a $20 gift card giveaway on my blog, check it out if you're interested :)

  6. thankyou for the tips! it's so help me<3

    find me♥
    Twitter // Blog // Facebook

  7. I like the first photo :)) For me the shirt would have to come down enough to not expose my stomach as that would just bother me, haha. But, I like the tie detail, it's pretty :) xx

  8. I like your ideas dear, thanks for the tips!:) Kisses and have a good day!:)

  9. Nice post! Good idea!

    XoXo Nathalie

  10. Nice post! it's always great to get some inspiration!


  11. Pretty cool!
    I love tying shirts which already have a loop given

  12. I really love your style in these posting..:)

  13. I was thinking about do the same with my I think I'll do!!!
    Nice post!!!
    New post in my blog
    If you want we can follow each other :D

  14. Love this kind of shirts, are perfect for summer! :)
    kisses !

  15. Great post, I will definitely be trying this style this summer!

  16. Like the style!!... simple and perfect! :)

  17. Love this trend!
    Have a great day xx

  18. wow another lovely post from you
    thanks for sharing
    keep it up

    check and comment on my recenet post

  19. great post! I have so many shirts that I've been tying lately.


Thanks for stopping by! Like what you see? Please share with your friends! That's why God created Facebook and Twitter!